Facilitation Skills – Utah
Harnessing the hidden power in groups.
This workshop has value for all facilitators. Experienced facilitators will be able to augment and refine their skills. New facilitators will receive a road map and set of tools to ensure their success in keeping groups on-track and productive.
Today’s workplace leaders distinguish themselves by their ability to get results in group settings. More and more, business success depends on group success. From project teams to task forces, committee meetings to board retreats, group facilitation is an essential skill set for today’s workplace leader.
Facilitation skills is packed with skills, tools, and techniques to help the group stay focused on purpose, encourage participation from even the most reluctant member, balance task and relationship needs, clarify misunderstandings before they grow into major conflicts, and, most importantly, turn group discussion into action and results. Through hands-on exercises and skills practice, you will quickly gain familiarity with proven tools for leading group discussions, managing dynamics, and building team success.
Two Days | 8:30a.m. to 4:30p.m each day
Experienced facilitators and new facilitators.
You Will Learn How To:
- Define the value-added role of a facilitator.
- Apply the five principles of group facilitation.
- Employ proven facilitation techniques.
- Develop critical skills for ensuring group success.
- Establish shared ownership of group outcomes.
What You Will Get From This Project Leadership Skills Workshop
- Creating a meeting plan.
- How to focus the group on purpose.
- Encouraging participation.
- Balancing concern for task and concern for relationships.
- Using questioning and listening skills to lead the discussion.
- Elevating and maintaining group energy.
- Ensuring mutual understanding
- Dealing with disruptive behavior, conflict, and interuptions.
- Committing the group to action
- Gaining closure.
- Summarizing meeting results.
- Elevating meeting success.
- Communicating meeting results.
Register for the Facilitation Skills Workshop in Utah
|Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Register|